Friday, June 6, 2008

God's Parish


I love Holy Family Catholic Church in Columbus, Ohio! Located in the heart of Columbus, Holy Family is an oasis in the desert, a veritable paradise on earth where the Extraordinary Form of the Mass is celebrated every Sunday, as well as four to five times during the week. My family and I had the privilege of being parishioners of this great church for a couple of years before we decided that it was time I finish my degree. Regretfully, we left Holy Family along with our friends and family; yet Holy Family left an indelible mark on our minds and hearts. The pastor Fr. Lutz (he is wearing the stole and is assiting in choir in the above video) is a "priest's priest" whose sacrifices do not go unnoticed, although we know he would prefer that they did. He is the great leader of a great community that my wife and I miss everyday. It is our hope that our absence will be short and we will soon be back home. If you are in the Columbus, Ohio area and want authentic tradition, stop into Holy Family for Sunday Mass. It will not take you long to see why everyone calls it "God's Parish".

A bid h/t to http://www.gloria.tv/ for the video.

No comments: